Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
- Show all articles ( 3 ) Collapse Articles
Troubleshooting & Errors
HREFLang Builder General
Importing XML Index Site Map(s)
Use this option when:
1. You have a master XML index that links to individual Country/Language XML files
2. The index file is live on the web and you have the URL.
File Formats: XML
1. The file needs to be an index XML file with multiple XML site maps included – see example below:
2. XML site map must be live on the website
How to Setup Import:
To add the Index XML source files, click Auto Update in the main header of the application.
Step 1 – In the Auto Update screen click on the Append Files tab
Step 2 – In the Index Files box, paste the URLs for the index XML URL(s). If more than one, each should be on its own row.
Step 3 – Click the blue update button to save the URL source files in the system. Note: This does not regenerate the XML files.
Step 4 – If you want to add them immediately and update the hreflang XML site maps you need to click the green RUN on the main Auto-Update screen for your project. These new URLs will not be imported until the next automated update cycle if you do not click run.