Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
- Show all articles ( 3 ) Collapse Articles
Troubleshooting & Errors
HREFLang Builder General
How to Rebuild or Update HREFLang XML Site Maps
If you need to make any changes between normal updates there are a couple of ways to update and rebuild your HREFLang XML projects and XML site maps.
Best Option – Run Auto Update
If the goal is to completely rebuild the project including importing all URLs from your source files and any recently added customer mapping then the RUN feature of Auto Update The system will reimport URLs from all the sources as well as any appended. This will completely rebuild the project. This is also the best method if you are using the auto-upload feature as this will rebuild and push the new version directly to the server.
- Click Auto Update from the main navigation.
- Click the green “Run” button to start the process.
- Remember this will import all source files and rebuild the system so it takes a but longer but will do a 100% update of the project and XML site maps. The system will email you the result or upload it to your autoload storage location.
Quick Option – Generate XML Site Map of Existing URLs
This option will allow you to quickly regenerate the XML site maps using ONLY the current URLs in the system. This option should only be used if you have uploaded a new custom mapping table, manually deleted URLs from the database, and are not expecting any new URLs to be added to the system.
- In the main View Screen, click the Generate XML Site Map Option will rebuild the XML files for all country/language versions using the URL’s currently in the database
- During the update process, you will see the system message that your XML is rebuilding. When it completes it will email you a notification with the updated XML.