There are two methods to rebuild or update your HREFLang XML projects. You can regenerate current URL’s or you can use Auto Update to completely import and rebuild the project.
Option 1 – Quick Update Current URL’s
This option will allow you to quickly regenerate the XML using the current URL’s in the system. This is the quickest method and used when you just need a new zip file.
- In the main View Screen, click the Generate XML Site Map Option will rebuild the XML files for all country/language versions using the URL’s currently in the database
- During the update process, you will see the system message that your XML is rebuilding. When it completes it will email you a notification with the updated XML.
Option 2 – Run Auto Update
If the goal is to completely rebuild the project it is best to run the Auto Update. The system will reimport URL’s from all the sources as well as any appended. This will completely rebuild the project. This is best if you are using the auto upload feature as this will rebuild and push the new version directly to the server.
- Click Auto Update from the main navigation.
- Click the green “Run” button to start the process.
- Remember this will import all source files and rebuild the system. It will email you the result or upload it to your autoload storage location.